I'm not exactly sure what has gotten into me lately, but I feel like I have so much to say and so many people that I want to help, that there just aren't enough hours in the day to get done what I want to get done. I've been through some amazing and difficult life experiences in my short 34 years on this earth and I'd like to think these stories and lessons learned could be shared with others to help them on their journey. So, I'm starting this blog. Here are some things about me that you should probably be aware of so you know what you're getting yourself into....
- Being raised by a single mom and with twin sisters just 5 years younger than me, I know what it's like to be poor and work for everything you have. I may not have kids myself, but I helped raise my sisters and I have the utmost respect for all you single moms out there. I honestly don't know how we all turned out as good as we have.
- Being a female engineer I get really amped up about equality for women. No doubt, this political climate is only exasperating my beliefs and fight.
- I love to help other people succeed in achieving their dreams. Nothing makes me happier to see someone living the life they were meant to live. Now, if only I could figure out what I want to do, then I'd really be firing on all cylinders...
- I'm happily married to an amazing man who totally gets me for me. He may be brutally honest at times, but he keeps me balanced and is the most supportive person in my life. (But if you asked me 10 years ago, I was NEVER getting married! - another post for another time)
- I've recently started living a gluten-free lifestyle and in 2017 am focusing on my personal and mental health. I had a substantial breast reduction in December 2016 and for the 1st time in my life, really feel like these health goals may be achieved due to my increased mobility and range of motion (yay!)
- My Australian Cattle Dogs are my children. Yes, I know it's eccentric but I don't care. I love them unconditionally as they taught me how to love and be loved. So, make fun of me all you want!
So, there's the short and sweet of it. Thanks for sticking around and I look forward to getting to know more about you. And, if you're wondering what my friends think about me, here's the result of a recent survey I conducted. I asked them to use 3 words to describe me. The larger the word, the more times it was used: